An intranet search will search the content of intranet pages. It will also seach the metadata(if any) of uploaded documents .
- Search words must be minimum of 4 characters.
- Searching is not case sensitive.
- By default an OR search is performed.
information manual would return pages containing either of these words.
- Boolean searching is possible with plus and minus signs.
A leading plus sign indicates that this word must be present.
A leading minus sign indicates that this word must NOT be present.
+leave will return matches containing leave.
-leave will return matches that must not contain word leave.
+leave +form will return matches containing both the words leave and form.
+leave -form will return matches containing the word leave but NOT the word form.
- Using quotes will conduct a phrase search.
"leave form" will return records containing this exact phrase.
- The asterisk (*) character can be used for truncation.
hol* will return matches containing words that start with "hol" such as hold, hole, holiday etc.
- ( ) Parentheses are used to group words into subexpressions. Parenthesized groups can be nested.